Commercial & Business Users Constituency Meeting (CBUC)
What it is | The Business Constituency is a constituency representing customers of providers of connectivity, domain names, IP addresses, protocols and other services related to electronic commerce in its broad sense.
Why it's Important | The meeting will consider the reaction of commercial users to proposals to change (and potentially reduce) the way they have their say in ICANN matters. It will also look inter alia at means of policy change to prevent bad faith activity related to domain tasting and the widespread abuse of the "add grace period".
Who should attend? | Commercial users of the Internet who are interested in meaningful competition in the domain name space and improved enforcement by ICANN of its contract parties (registries and registrars) with respect to acts of bad faith facilitated by lack of enforcement.
1. New gTLDs
- IRT Final report on trademark protection and new gTLDs
- draft guidebook
2. Registrars Accreditation Agreement further revisions and "registrants rights" working group
3. Registrations Abuse Policy (RAP) working group
4. Fast Flux policy development
5. GNSO reform
- Board and GNSO level issues incl. Board breakfast feedback and non-commercial seats
- stakeholder group level issues
- constituency level issues and revised BC charter
6. Sydney outreach
- feedback business luncheon
- next steps